Proofreading, writing, editorial and design services:
Businesses, Writers, Students and Job Seekers
- The Company
- Bid Writing for Tenders
- Business Award Applications
- Business Plans
- Business Funding Proposals
- Creative Team Building
- H&S Documentation
- Magazine, Newspaper and Online Articles
- Policies and Procedures
- Press Releases
- Promotional Literature
- Quotable Comments and Feedback
- Strategic, Operating and Departmental Plans
- Start-up Business Documentation
- Start-up Business Websites
- Website Content
- Services Guide
- Health Services
- Job Seekers
"We have used Words Worth Reading Ltd to complete our IG toolkit submission for the past 3 years. They always use a well organised project management approach to the submission process, and they are thorough in the way that they create the supporting documentation we need. What I like best about WWRL however is the way that they tailor the IG requirements to our personal specifications – they never use a one size fits all approach."
Heather Pearce, Prime Diagnostics Ltd
What is Information Governance?
Information Governance (IG) is the framework for handling personal information in a confidential and secure manner to appropriate ethical and quality standards in a modern health service. It ensures that all information is stored, processed and managed securely, legally, accurately, efficiently, and in line with industry regulations and standards.
Information Governance Toolkit (IGT)
The IGT is an online system which allows NHS organisations, including community pharmacies, dental practices, eye care services and general practices along with adult social care services and other health related providers to assess themselves against Department of Health Information Governance policies and standards. Assessments are done annually with a final submission made online by 31st March each year.
The latest version of the IGT, version 9, is considered to be more rigorous and prescriptive than previous versions, with significant changes seen to the type of organisations that can complete the toolkit and the display of evidential documentation. It has been further tailored to fall in line with the Information Governance requirements of the Care Quality Commission's registration process.
Organisations that do not complete their IGT submission are considered more likely to breach data security. If such an event does occur then the information Commissioners Office can impose fines of up to £500 000.
How we can help you
Words Worth Reading Ltd has a wealth of experience in supporting companies to meet the Information Governance requirements. As such we appreciate that pulling together the required documentation can be a laborious and difficult task for many organisations. Creating the required structures, procedures, controls, policies and processes is time consuming and can pull your key staff away from their day-to-day work responsibilities. Even once the annual compliance documentation has been created, if your assessment reveals partial or non-compliance with the IGT standards, you’ll find that you must take the appropriate measures to raise Information Governance standards in your organisation throughout the year.
Click here to download the Information Governance Audit information sheet
This is where Words Worth Reading Ltd can help you. Through our range of Information Governance support services we can:
- Provide a writing, editing and consultation service
- Take away the time pressures that IG can place on your day-to-day business
- Undertake the Information Governance Toolkit assessment on your behalf
- Provide training on the use of the IG Tool Kit
- Provide essential Information Governance training; including Risk Management, Freedom of Information, and Information Management
- Map your current evidence against the Information Governance standards. We also offer a more detailed data mapping service for organisations that deal with a large volume of patient identifiable data
- Link with your team to understand the processes, structures and policies currently in place to manage Information Governance
- Undertake an IG audit and identify any gaps, working with you to fill them
- Assemble the required documentary evidence to support your submission compliance
- Manage your on – line submission
Whatever your healthcare sector business and no
matter how big or small your requirements, Words Worth Reading Ltd will
be able to provide you with exactly what you need to help you make your
business a success.
Project specifications, turnaround times and prices are available on request. All prices are individually tailored based on the requirements of each client. Prices will be quoted based on the complexity of your requirements, the time it will take to deliver, the turnaround times required, and where applicable, the ratio of writing, design and print requirements for each job.
'If you wish to write your own information governance documents, Words Worth Reading Ltd also provides downloadable templates that facilitate the in-house completion of required action plans, policies, training material and process mapping. These templates can be purchased here.