The Care Quality Commission has rated the care being provided by Acute Need CIC to be Outstanding after an inspection in October and November 2018.
Acute Need CIC is a Domiciliary Care Agency located in St. Helens, Merseyside. The service provides care and support for up to five adults with complex needs due to an acquired brain injury. Support is provided to people in their own homes.
What Impressed the CQC
- Inspectors found that people were supported to live enriched lives and did what they chose.
- A proactive approach was taken to anticipating and managing risk to people to ensure they remained safe.
- Staff encouraged them to be as independent as possible.
- The level of detail within assessments was exceptional in comparison to other services they had worked at.
- People and family members had been given the opportunity to share information about their life history, important relationships, likes, dislikes and preferences. Staff used this information as well as positive interaction, to get to know people and engage them in meaningful conversations.
Helena Dennett – CQC Head of Inspection, Adult Social Care North West said:
“This is an exceptionally good service. Leadership of the service demonstrated a high level of experience and capability to deliver excellent care; they were extremely knowledgeable and inspired confidence and passion in the staff team.
“The way in which assessments were compiled was outstanding in that they were completely individual and contained information and guidance specific to each person’s needs and personalities.
“Acute Need CIC has been rated as Outstanding in all five areas. They are delivering top class care and I congratulate all involved at the service, a fantastic effort and result. Well done.”