Proposed changes will affect:
- community social care (including domiciliary care)
- dental services
- residential social care
The CQC’s proposals will see an increase in fees for the community social care sector and the dental sector, and a decrease in fees for the residential social care sector.
- An average community social care provider will see an increase in fees of £290.
- Dental services with one location will see an increase of between £69 and £149 (depending on the number of dental chairs on site).
- Dental services with multiple locations will see an increase of between £183 and £6871 (depending on the number of locations).
- An average social care provider will see a decrease in fees of £64.
How to give your views
You can view the CQC consultation documents online (click here) and have your say using the online feedback form.
This consultation closes at noon on Thursday 17 January 2019.
What Happens Next
The CQC will analyse the feedback from this consultation to prepare a response and a final fees scheme to recommend to the Secretary of State, whose consent is required to implement the scheme from 1 April 2019.