Carefound Home Care (Wilsmlow) a care agency in Wilmslow Cheshire has received an overall rating of Outstanding following an inspection in August 2018 by the Care Quality Commission.
Inspectors rated the service Outstanding for being safe, effective, caring responsive and well-led.
Carefound Home Care (Wilsmlow) is a domiciliary care agency. It provides personal care to people living in their own homes. At the time of the inspection there were a total of 21 people using the service.
- Inspectors found the service had exceptional and distinctive methods to ensure people were cared for by staff they could connect well with.
- They actively recruited staff who had shared interests with people using the service.
- The service spent a lot of time planning the care for people and ensured they were matched with carers with whom they could develop a close bond.
- The service used specialist workforce management software to ensure safe staffing levels. These were closely monitored daily. They were then analysed and discussed at monthly management meetings.
- Staff were given enough time in between calls to travel to the next appointment. People who used the service told us that the system worked and staff were always on time.
- Patients and their families were encouraged to approach staff if they felt improvements could be made to their care.
- Inspectors saw evidence of the management team working closely with a number of outside health organisations to research the best possible care for people with certain health conditions. The information gained was cascaded throughout the organisation and included in training packages. This led to staff having an exceptional understanding of the medical conditions that the people they cared for suffered from.
Debbie Westhead, Deputy Chief Inspector, for Adult Social Care in the North, said “This is a service where the staff and management are clearly passionate about providing personalised care and have created an environment where people are treated with compassion, dignity and respect in a persons’ own home. People and their relatives were overwhelmingly positive about the high quality, individualised care that was provided by the staff.
“The staff and management should be proud of their achievement in attaining our highest rating and I would like to congratulate them on their provision of high quality care.”