Emma is reporting on the Hay Festival this year on behalf of the whole Words Worth Reading team. we won’t pretend that we’re all a little jealous – she seems to be having a fabulous time. She tells me that these are her favourite events for today:
1. Matthew Rice and Emma Bridgewater talk to Tristram Hunt, The Lost City of Stoke-On-Trent – a closer look at one of the great cities of the world’s first industrial revolution.
2. AA Gill talks to John Mitchinson, AA Gill is Further Away – Travel and food stories to get you in the mood for lunch.
3. Mrs Moneypenny, Austerity Britain – The Financial Times’ columnist and presenter of the Channel 4 series Superscrimpers has a chat…
4. Axel Scheffler – Yes this is for children aged 5-7 years but I know I’ll still be attending!
5. Muntu Valdo in Concert – Guitar and harmonica troubadour from Cameroon is ready to play us a little set from his debut album. Can’t wait!