Articles

Find more useful articles from Words Worth Reading Ltd

Please make your choice of article from the list below:

How to Fund A University Course

Category - students

Studying at University is expensive, and under today's Government, it looks like it's going to get a whole lot more expensive. Despite cuts in the economy and increasing course fees, there are lending options available to students to access in order to help them fund their further education.

>> Download as pdf

How To Complete A UCAS Application Form

Category - students

UCAS is the central organisation that processes applications for undergraduate courses at UK Universities. If you are at College or Sixth Form at the moment, it is very likely that you will be asked if you plan to attend University once you have left College.

>> Download as pdf

Choosing the Right University For You

Category - students

It can be difficult to decide which University to attend, especially as you hardly have sufficient time to visit all of them, or even look into all of them in detail. So the first thing to do is draw up a long list of Universities that you would consider attending, and then you can start to narrow it down from there.

>> Download as pdf

How Diagrams, Charts and Other Visuals Can Enhance Your Essay

Category - students

Sometimes writing an essay can seem like a very dull task. As a student no doubt your focus will be on how boring this task is for you, the author, and how much you don't want to complete the task in hand. But part of writing a good essay is in thinking about how the reader will react to the essay too.

>> Download as pdf

What Skills Are Required For Proofreading

Category - business, students

Many people have a natural skill for spotting grammar or spelling errors in written work. If you are one of those people, then perhaps you could be a proof reader. This is a job you can do from home enabling you to perhaps continue to do other things like take the kids to school. Not many tools are required for the job apart from a computer and the internet! What could be simpler!

>> Download as pdf

Why Study Environmental Science

Category - students

Environmental science is a subject that covers a broad range of topics, incorporating both physical and biological sciences and applying these fields to the understanding of environmental problems. The ultimate aim of course, is that with enhanced understanding of the problems affecting the environment such as global warming, natural resource management and pollution control, we will be better informed to identify and implement solutions to these problems.

>> Download as pdf

Top 5 Proofreading Errors

Category - writers, students

So many opportunities are lost because of proof reading errors that have not been picked up and amended before a piece of work is submitted, whether it is an essay or dissertation or a manuscript for publication.

>> Download as pdf

Top 5 Proofreading Errors Made By Students

Category - students

So many marks are lost on essays and dissertations because of proof reading errors that have not been picked up and amended before the essay or dissertation is handed into tutors or teachers to be marked. For students this can be hugely disappointing, and can mean that the marks that are awarded to the essay do not necessarily reflect the quality of the paper that has been written in terms of content, argument strength and evidence cited.

>> Download as pdf

Positive Reasons For Studying Engineering at University

Category - students

Engineering is one of those subjects that at first appears to be very practical and hands on. And indeed it is! But it also requires an awful lot of academic skill and technical knowledge too, which makes the engineering industry very lucrative indeed. Engineering should thus be regarded as a highly important and challenging subject to study, and one that if studied well, can lead to a good job with great remuneration potential.

>> Download as pdf

How Conducting Wider Research Can Help Improve The Quality Of Your Dissertation

Category - students

Let's face it, one of the most important activities you'll need to undertake to support your dissertation writing is research. Research helps you provide content for your paper. It is also crucial in terms of being able to evidence your argument, and to ensure that the argument that you are putting forward in your dissertation is founded upon the experiences and outcomes of others.

>> Download as pdf

Why a Good Relationship With Your Tutor Can Really Improve Your A' Level or Degree Marks

Category - students

Throughout your educational life you'll find that you experience your fair share of teachers. Some will be good, some will not be so good, some you'll get on well with, others you'll dread, and of course there will be some that you can't remember at all.

>> Download as pdf

What Skills Are Needed For Management Jobs

Category - job seekers, student

When you start out on your mission of furthering your career, one of the things you are likely to aim for is a management position. A position of management demonstrates development within your ability, and it is the perfect position to learn new skills and to apply these skills to difficult or challenging situations in order to drive forward success.

>> Download as pdf

How to Complete a Literature Review for Your Dissertation

Category - students

Completing an essay is difficult enough, but a dissertation is a much bigger beast ...

>> Download as pdf

How Work Experience Can Help Your Future Career

Category - students

The importance of undertaking a period of work experience if you are a student or looking to go into a new career is growing but why and how can you turn it to your advantage ...

>> Download as pdf

Seeking Career Advice at University

Category - students

You have reached your final year of study but how do you get advice on where to go next ...

>> Download as pdf

More articles ...  Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next